Monday, July 22, 2013

Rihanna's Former Stylist Lysa Cooper Spills The Beans



Don't you absolutely LOVE IT when people come forward spilling all the necessary beans about their former celebrity employers?? Well, heaven sent us Lysa Cooper and she does not hold back. Just the way we love it!!
Lysa Cooper talks to Italia Vogue about Bey and working with her on the GQ Superbowl cover , Rih and her bad weed, Shakira and the Olsen Twins and their Row clothing line....







You were one of the masterminds behind Rihanna’s image transformation (along with Ursula Stephen and others on the team) that helped propel her into superstardom. What was it like working with Rihanna on the cusp of her transformation?


She had a lot of hair back then. And now, there is a lot of hair again. We’ll get into that later. Everybody needs to stop with the hair, including Beyoncé.

That way you don’t become somebody’s slave. That way there are boundaries. And those boundaries got blurred with Rihanna. And with her previous management, we had some major falling out. Also, I’m a lot older than her. I don’t entourage it up. I don’t like to hang out like that. And when I do hang out, I hang out hard and I think that can be very intimidating to people who aren’t use to the old way of partying.


Go out dancing all night long. You’re not Instagraming every fucking moment. You’re not smoking wack-ass weed with some bad blunts. Sorry. I smoke weed, but I smoke good weed. I feel like everybody is a little lost in the sauce right now.


But we’re dealing with the number one artist, so that makes certain things more difficult and complicated. She is the number one artist, right? Is she ahead of Beyoncé? I can’t really tell.


You mentioned Beyoncé earlier…


Who I love, love, love, love. I’m not joking. She has to be one of the nicest people on the planet. She is a joy to be around. She is kind.


Oh yeah. And super-southern. I mean, she’s really from Texas. It is not a joke. And it is so authentic and so sweet. She’s had the same stylist since day one. They are intimately close. I work with her a lot, because we’re so close (her stylist and I), that he’ll hire me for things that he’s not available to do. I love them. She is lovely. And she’s one of those people that remembers everything. Things that there would be no reason for her to remember. She’s aware of the people around her, in a good way.



You also work with a lot of male clients…


I work with all the boys. Love Common. And with the actors, there are so many that are perfect gentlemen. I worked with Ashton Kutcher for a long time. He was funny, charming, and said “thank you.” He was very aware of his surroundings. I bet you, he is still like that. You can tell.


Read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails